I just wanted to say thanks to Mark (Meniscus), Matt, Bryan and everyone involved in putting this event together! It was an outstanding event. I enjoyed meeting some great people (wish I could have met everyone) and listening to some fantastic sounding speakers.
For me, the highlight of the show was Mark's (Meniscus) radio station budget two-way (they are the small two-ways in rosewood). Jeff B. did an outstanding job with the crossovers. The target price for the kit was almost unbelievable. I can't wait to see these posted on their website.
I also greatly enjoyed hearing the MLTL Doceros. Another great crossover from Jeff B. paired with some nice bass from Paul K's cabinet design (not to mention the excellent woofer from Meniscus).
Some other standouts for me included
1. Dennis Murphy's ER18 MTMs - well balanced from top to bottom. What can I say? Dennis knows his stuff.
2. Matt's Blues MTM in the MLTL cabinets. The HiVi L6-4R woofers are a great sounding budget woofer (they look great too). Paul K's MLTL design was also really good. These were my favorite of all the L6 based designs.
3. Ben's Nephila with the HiVi F6 and the Airborne RT-5002 had some really good imaging with a large soundstage.
4. Craig's MTM with the Focal drivers produced a surprisingly full sound for such small drivers.
5. Jim Holtz's Finalists and Statements II also sounded really good. Kudos to Jim for doing some heavy lifting!
6. Speedle's Tarkus build in Wilson inspired cabinets - loved those cabinets.
A couple of overall takeaways
1. This was my first time hearing some of Jeff B's designs. Your reputation is well earned! Great designs. Thank you for all you do for this hobby.
2. I think we heard four different designs in MLTL cabinets designed by Paul K. I enjoyed the bass quality in all four of those designs. Thanks, Paul!
Thanks again to all those who made this such a fun event! Great sound and great people. Can't wait for next time!
Were you to my left most of the event? We talked about the 'Tudes?
Trying to get your name/face pairing.