Support for the DIY speaker builder

johnnyrichards
Topic Author

Re: DakotaDIY 2014

Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Still working on a better venue, but rest assured this will be happening! A friend has graciously offered a door-prize, and I will also have a few goodies as a give away. I will be contacting several vendors to see if they are interested in sending a couple of things, as well.

I am working out a basic schedule, but the show itself will be very casual and I will actually leave it up to you guys on who will play what, next - unless I secure a larger venue and open registrations up further. Then I will have to create a more organized flow to make sure everyone gets time to demo.

If you have not done so, please make your reservations if you plan on staying overnight for one or both nights - Sioux Falls can fill up fairly fast in the summer.

Still undecided on lunch plans for Saturday, but am leaning strongly to some spicy pulled pork sandwiches that my favorite watering hole makes. If spicy foods are not your forte, let me know and I will arrange for an alternative. I think side dishes and beverages will be pot-luck, but I may also get a price on those as well. I am still working on that.

I recommend the show venue for dinner - they have very good food and showing up in time for dinner will ensure we have plenty of good seating. I will reserve a "groupie" table, regardless. I believe the way the tables are arranged for shows will allow about 8-10 people to sit together. The venue has basic bar-type food, plus some very good broasted chicken and steaks.

The band will be "Hotel Oblivion", which is a blues influenced rock and pop band and they will probably perform a couple of their originals, as well. They are a very professional group of people - I doubt you will be disappointed. I will be providing earplugs for those wish to use them.

If you have any questions, concerns or otherwise feel free to call me at (605)940-9651. Please do not text me if possible, I am on a limited plan. A single five minute phone call will allow much more information to change hands. I may upgrade to an unlimited plan for May and June, however.

Have a great day!

johnnyrichards
Topic Author

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Encouraging news on the venue front, will keep you posted.

johnnyrichards
Topic Author

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:16 pm

johnnyrichards
Topic Author

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:28 am

I have booked a very nice venue, and things are really rolling along! We will have some more pertinent information put together by the end of this week as regards maps, area info, show info etc.

johnnyrichards
Topic Author

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Hey guys, we finally got our official website updated with pertinent info to date. Check it out at:

http://midwestaudioclub.com/ddiy2014/

Please take a moment and fill out the registration form if you plan to be here, or even if you think you might make it in.

Appreciate it!

johnnyrichards
Topic Author

Thu May 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Things are rolling along smoothly, and we think everyone is going to be impressed with the level of sponsorship this inaugural event has generated!

These emails will start being sent out very regularly starting very soon, and updates to the Facebook and the DDIY site will be occurring more often in the coming weeks - so be sure to check in often!

We will have a schedule posted very soon, as well. If you are coming from out of town - drop us a line and let us know your ETA so we can make dinner plans! We will be posting maps and driving directions this weekend in addition to the preliminary schedule.

If you have not done so yet, please formally register even if you are unsure about attending.

http://midwestaudioclub.com/ddiy2014/registration/