Support for the DIY speaker builder

mgagneur

Re: User feedback thread for v1.0

Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi Dave,

I just want to say thank you for creating WinPCD. As I mentioned in a earlier post I have been working on a 2 way using a sb17 woofer and a heil tweeter. Over the years I have accumulated various versions of the modeling tools most folks use (Calsod, Lspcad, SE, PCD) and have found them to have their pros and cons. This time around I bought an omnimic wanting to make it my primary measuring tool. I tried my best to figure out how to import the data and use PCD but could never get the model to agree with omnimic. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and someday I'll figure it out. Meanwhile, I came across WinPCD and after spending a bit of time getting to know it, it works great. I get excellent agreement between the model and the omnimic measured result. Small subtle changes are easily distinguishable and measurable.

Well done!

Regards,

Marty

dlr
Topic Author

Fix for spatial offset available for download

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:18 pm

The problem you had with the z-offset when the woofer is set positive relative to the tweeter has been fixed. The calculations were good, but the check for the relative position of driver-to-mic was not useful. The comparison is now only the z-axis offsets of mic/listener to driver and is correct insofar as I've tested it. There are two additional small functions included as well, raw driver SPL db shift and power response display as an option in the system graph.

Dave

mike69

Re: User feedback thread for v1.0

Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 pm

just to say thanks