Support for the DIY speaker builder

dlr

Re: WinPcd V1.105

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Yes and it appears there's a problem with when data gets put into an array to save it to file. I have been testing with reloads of session files for a long time. Starting from scratch and saving at various intervals made the problem obvious. I'm going to have to take some time to be try to ensure that I get this correct before releasing an update. I'm surprised others have not reported a problem.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Dave

dlr

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:57 pm

I've got a fix done and ready for download. The bug fix is in v1.106 and has been tested. I found a related issue while fixing the bug that you reported. I hope I've got it all taken care of now. Let me know if you have any more issues.

Dave

Jeff S.
Topic Author

Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:41 pm

That other fix didn't have anything to do with the transfer function did it?

dlr

Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:10 pm

No. The other fix had only to do with saving the session file accurately. Long term I should make a change to code, but that has to do with quality of the code. Nothing affected the calculations as far as I'm aware. I run test files frequently while making changes to ensure that nothing in calculations breaks. That part's easy for me to see as I have set targets with complete designs that let me check quickly. The area of code affected wasn't related to any of that.

The one thing you may want to do for your confidence is verify the crossover values to ensure that any older saved files had no issues with saving that data. Reload and verify the values to be sure. I have not had any problems in this area and no reports of problems.

I usually detail changes additionally at my web site. This board is more for notification, bug reports and discussions.

Dave

Jeff S.
Topic Author

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:56 pm

I just ask because when the mid frd file won’t load and I loaded it manually the transfer function didn’t work. I attributed it to the loading problem. I have used the new version without any problems.

Thanks again for all the hard work and time you’ve but into this.

dlr

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:35 pm

Your feedback has been very helpful. It's hard to test all ways of doing things after changes, so user feedback can be crucial to ferreting out bugs.

Dave